HEALTH AND SAFETY SPECIALIST (F/M/D/) I IGNITIS RENEWABLES
Submit your application until 2024-03-27
Do You want to be part of „Ignitis renewables Latvia“?
We are looking for a colleague, who would join our team and help us take care of business projects (Operational & Maintenance, Construction, Wind & Solar Parks). We value openness, partnership is our strength, and responsibility makes us a great team. If all this speaks to you, we would like to invite you to join us.
Your key areas of responsibilities will be:
- Maintain compliance, business risk management and business HSSE policies, including occupational safety and health, environmental protection policies
- Visit the different business projects (Operational & Maintenance, Construction, Wind & Solar parks) across Latvia to ensure that site rules are being adhered and followed
- Keep the communication and mentor the contractors and site (own) personnel to ensure company standards are implemented, followed
- Continuously assess the risks related to the activities of the company, coordinate the implementation of risk management measures and enforce preventative measures
- Be responsible for Induction, Occupational health and other assessments for the regional employees
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to direct management.
We expect that You
- Have a formal qualification in Health and Safety (NEBOSH, IOSH, NCRQ, Poland – OSH etc.)
- Have at least 5 years of experience in health and safety position in the field of prevention, risk management and /or compliance, preferably in an international company
- Have several years of demonstrated construction Health and Safety experience and competence to work as a Site Safety Coordinator
- Have demonstrable knowledge of European QHSSE legislation, standards and systems
- Have strong leadership skills to constantly drive health, safety, environmental, and quality improvements
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Latvian language
- Have no fear of heights and are willing to travel.
As part of our team You
- Will have the freedom to make changes and an opportunity to join one of the largest international energy group of companies in the Baltic region
- Will take up challenges unique to the sector together with a team of professionals
- Will be able to contribute your knowledge and experience towards creating unique energy projects of national importance
- Will not only observe how innovations come to life, but you will also initiate changes yourself by contributing your knowledge and experience to the projects of national importance in the energy field
- Will receive benefits package (health insurance/pension plan, possibility of remote work, flexible work time, etc.).
As we pursue our strategic goals to increase gender balance in Ignitis Group, we are indicating “f/m/d” next to job titles, meaning we welcome candidates of all genders – female, male or diverse.
Ignitis Group is the largest listed company and an energy leader in the Baltic region. Group companies produce, supply and distribute energy as well as provide all services required to make the world energy smart.
Ignitis Renewables is an international green energy company operating in the three Baltic states and Poland. The company is responsible for development of offshore and onshore wind farms, solar energy, biomass and waste-to-energy projects. By developing new projects, the company implements the strategic goal of Ignitis Group to reach 4 GW of installed green generation capacity by 2030.
Ignitis Group received an international Top Employer 2023 Lithuania certificate. The certificate is awarded to companies for excellent people practices as well as ensuring good conditions for work and growth.
Ignitis Group ensures equal opportunities. We welcome all applicants and do not discriminate against race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, disability or other personal traits unrelated to work obligations.